Staff at Royal Village are trained to work within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and recognise that "all children have from birth a need to develop, learning through interaction with people and exploration of the world around them". The Early Year's framework recognises the holistic nature of development and learning and covers six areas of development:
1. Personal, Social & Emotional
2. Knowledge & understanding of the world
4. Problem, Solving & reasoning
5. Communication, Language & Literacy
6. Creative Development
The principles which guide our work at Royal Village are grouped into 4 themes.
1. A unique child – every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self- assured.
2. Positive Relationships - children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person.
3. Enabling Environments - the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children's development and learning.
4. Learning and Development - children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of Learning and Development are equally important and inter-connected.